Real Estate Analyst
First Capital Advisors (FCA) is a real estate investment firm that owns and operates high quality real estate assets throughout the United States. As of Q3 2017, FCA is invested in more than 51,000 square feet of retail space, over 3,600 apartment units, and more than 364,000 square feet of industrial space in 9 states. FCA is pursuing other acquisition and development opportunities in the retail, multi-family and industrial sectors. First Capital Advisors was founded in 2013 by Christopher J. Pope and is an affiliate of First Trust Portfolios, a financial services firm founded in 1991. First Capital Advisors, LLC is located in the western suburbs of Chicago, IL and Austin, TX.
Presently seeking qualified candidates that fit the specified job description below. This individual must be self-motivated and possess strong research, analytical and problem solving skills. The Real Estate Analyst will be supervised by and work closely with the Multifamily Acquisitions and Asset Manager. As such, this person will assist in a variety of functions related to asset management and acquisitions analysis.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelors Degree required.
- 1-3 years of experience working in a financial analysis capacity within the CRE industry (multi-family and retail preferred).
- Strong understanding of basic accounting concepts, with experience analyzing financial statements and rent rolls.
- Proven ability to perform complicated financial modeling, pro-formas and/or spreadsheet analysis in Excel.
- High level of proficiency required in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience with CRE research tools such as CoStar, LoopNet, Axiometrics, MPF Research is a plus.
- Strong understanding of basic CRE financial concepts (e.g., PGI, OpEx ratios, NOI, CapEx) and valuation concepts (e.g., cap rates, discounted cash flow, absorption, growth rates, etc.).
- Ability to aggregate and interpret demographic information (employment trends, population growth, income trends). Use of demographic /mapping based software will be included.
Asset Management Functions:
- Perform recurring and ad hoc analyses related to existing portfolio performance.
- Communicate with operating partners to stay on top of property performance trends.
- Produce concise reports summarizing analyses, conclusions and recommendations.
- Analyze monthly financial reporting packages for existing portfolio; interpret information, identify trends, recognize issues, and report to management.
- Perform analyses related to market and submarket trends, including fundamental real estate market trends (occupancy, rent growth, construction pipeline, etc.) and demographic trends (population growth, employment, income, etc.).
Acquisitions Analysis Functions:
- Search for and review property listings in target markets; act as a first set of eyes on potential deals.
- Gather property information (financials, market data, etc.) from brokers and other third party sources.
- Contribute to the creation of summary reports and investments memos.
- Support the underwriting process: Load property information into appropriate underwriting model; gather support for assumptions, get underwriting process started and collaborate with Acquisitions Manager.
- Use various CRE research tools (CoStar, LoopNet, Axiometrics, MPF Research, etc.) to gather market data related to potential acquisitions (occupancy rates, comparable rents, comparable sales).
Send Resumes To:
Danielle Toste; firstname.lastname@example.org
FCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. Employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background check and drug screen.